The JPII School Board
Who sits on the School Board for the 2018-19 School Year?
1) Sam Merkle – Sam and his wife Madeleine have been parishioners of St. Clare since 2005 and are very excited to be a part of the JPII community. They have three children attending JPII, from PreK up to 6th grade. Sam is a lifelong local resident having graduated from Roger Bacon High School as well as The College of Mt. St. Joseph earning a degree in Business Administration. He is currently a Vice President at WorldPay and has spent the past 15 years in various sales and sales management roles.
2) David Breda – St. Bartholomew. David and his wife Beth have a son in 8th grade at JPII. David received a Bachelor of Arts in Architecture Degree from the University of Cincinnati and has worked as an Architect for over 20 years.
3) Dan Starkey – Dan has been a member of Our Lady of the Rosary Parish for more than 25 years where he has coached grade school teams and watched his children Rob and Maria graduate from the school. Dan was recruited by Fr. Chris Coleman to serve on the Parish Council and the JPII School Board after 38 years of teaching and coaching at Roger Bacon High School where he was a Guidance Counselor, History teacher, and Health and Physical Education Teacher. Dan has retired from education but still coaches football at St. Bernard High School. Dan and wife Sarah are long-time Greenhills residents who enjoy spending much of their time with their six grandchildren.
4) Lynn Haley – Lynn has been a member of St. Clare Parish for 16 years, where she has served in a variety of ministries. She was a member of St. Clare Parish Council from 2012-2014. She has served on their Education Commission and has been co-chair of the Vacation Bible School program. She also assists in fundraisers for young family programming through the parish, and serves as a Eucharistic Minister and FOCCUS facilitator for engaged couples. Lynn has been a licensed clinical psychologist since 2005. She and her husband Scott live in College Hill with their two sons, Nolan and Denny, who both attend JPII.
5) Mellen Moors-Dressing, St. Bartholomew
6) Father George Jacquemin, St. Clare
7) Natalie Corzine Moore, St. James
8) Father Jerry Hiland, St. Bartholomew
9) John Lamping – John has been a member of St. Clare Parish for 16 years. He was a member of St. Clare Parish Council from 2011-2015 and led events for families with school-aged children for 6 years. John and his wife Ann have two children. Emily is a current 8th grader and Adam is a JPII graduate. John has been an Intervention Specialist for 22 years. He began his career in special education at Colerain Elementary in the Northwest School District, and has been with Cincinnati Public Schools for 16 years. He achieved National Board Certification in 2003 and has Lead Teacher Credentials with Cincinnati Public Schools. He currently teaches at College Hill Fundamental Academy.
10) Joyce Kupfer-Mulderig, St. James
11) Amy Krajewski, St. Bartholomew
12) Matt Skinner, OLR
13) Tanya Dempsey, OLR Tanya has 4 children who are either students or graduate of JPII. Tanya holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business from the University of Cincinnati and works in the field of finance. She has been an active member of the JPII PTO as well as the finance committee at OLR.
14) Lisa Lee, non-parishoner representative – Lisa has three children in JPIICS, a PreK student, a 6th grader, and an 8th grader. She and her husband Ernest reside in Springfield Township. She earned a JD from the University of Cincinnati in 2000 and currently serves as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Butler County.
15) Norie Roach, Principal, JPIICS